Butterfly Sparks Designs

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Reality + Bank account check

SO for the past two weeks I have been keeping track of my purchases. All because Andy Stanley made me feel so guilty about the way I use my money...and he was totally right!

Looking back at what I spend my money on has made me a little ashamed of the way I live. I'll give you a little example...

Last week I spent about 100.00 on food eating out, 75.00 on gas and 100.00 on unnecessary items like home decor and Starbucks. That's almost 300.00 that wasn't spent on anything related to the Kingdom of God!

I've been thinking about materialism a lot lately and how much I put into buying clothes, picking out new shades of eye color, trying to find the newest trendiest bag and, I hate to say it, but how much I spend on boots >gasp< and it's ridiculous. Atlanta has turned me into one of them...A shopper obsessed with labels and fashion. For once Phillip was right, I have changed.(Don't anyone tell him I said that)

Thankfully I've had a reality check and a bank account check! I have started a new system...a system to get back on track. I am beginning to save for the future, cut out the unnecessary spending and put my money where it should have been all along... in the offering plate!

Thanks Andy for the reality check! I sure needed it.

If you want to listen to Andy's messages about finances visit www.northpoint.org and click on his Balanced series. I promise it will change your view on how you spend your money, in a good way!

0 awesome remarks: