Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Addicted

I'm addicted!

Addicted to schedules. Addicted to planning. Addicted to checking my emails. Addicted to strawberry cheesecake yogurt. Addicted to being neat. Addicted to Facebook...among other things.

Why is it that we can get so addicted to work, friendships, internet phenomenons, etc but we can't get addicted to our relationship with God?

Good question, huh? Anyone have an answer?

Everyday I wake up, shower and dress, rush to work(unless it's the weekend), impulsively stare at emails, projects, meeting requests, etc then work out, head home, impulsively stare at emails, meeting requests and Facebook and eventually head to bed...always later then I want to, of course. Somewhere in that mix I do throw in some food and the occasional 100 phone conversations but if you look closely, something is missing. Can you see it? Of course you can't because it's missing. It's my time with God...that's what is missing.

Why is that? I can dedicate my entire day to planning other people's lives, answering everyone's questions and making sure that nothing goes unresolved but I can't even take 5 minutes to thank God for giving me that day to do all those things?! That's sad.

God blesses me everyday with new experiences, strength to do the things I have to get done, my health, friendships to make me smile and thousands of other things that would make this blog about 3 days long if I listed them all yet I have no time to thank Him. That has to change!! And it will, starting right now!

My days are going to be different, my time is going to be different, my life is going to be different! I am going to become addicted to God. Addicted to His word. Addicted to His provision. Addicted to saying thank you through prayer. Addicted to his updates instead of my Facebook updates. Just wait and see.

Oh and if you do see, I give you permission to call me out and scold me!! That's fair :)

0 awesome remarks: