Butterfly Sparks Designs

Saturday, February 07, 2009

I have changed!

I've been thinking a lot lately about how my life has changed so much in the past two and half years. It has definitely been an eventful ride mixed with lots of emotions, memorable trips, learning experiences and friends that have never let me down.

For those of you who don't know, in October of 2006 I took a job in Nashville, TN. It was my first 'grown up' job and it just happened to be 12 hours away from everything I loved. It was definitely a huge turning point in my life.

I remember going back to North Carolina after living in Nashville for a few months and someone said to me 'Shannon, you've changed!' I quickly defended myself by giving several reasons why I was the same Shannon that I had always been. It's funny but what I didn't know then that I do now, is I have changed. Everyday I change a little more. It's not a bad thing, it's more of a growing thing! You see, these past few years I've learned a lot about the person I want to be verses the person I don't. With becoming who you want to be, comes change.

It's a hard balance because the truth is everyone changes even if they want to believe they don't. I still love my family deeply and long to see my friends daily. I still love to rub noses with my puppy and blow bubbles in my kool-aid. I still crave Bojangles biscuits and Parker's sweet tea. The list goes on of things that haven't changed about me. The only thing is now there's a new list...a list of things that have changed!

While I could list those things for you one by one, there would be no purpose. Basically you need to know this... Through my changes I have grown closer to God, I have developed a love for new adventures and I have a hard time waiting for what may happen tomorrow:)

I see those as great changes and welcome many more!!!

2 awesome remarks:

Scott and Lyndsay Crews said...

Getting rid of that southern accent is DEFINITELY a change for the better! (does that count?)

Anonymous said...

Great post Shannon. It's taken me a lot longer to accept the changes in myself as I've grown up. I love that you are conscious of it now and can enjoy what God brings you each day! That's wonderful!