Butterfly Sparks Designs

Monday, October 20, 2008

Refreshing my soul

There is something about crossing the North Carolina line that just brings a peaceful feeling to my soul. My heart gets all warm and fuzzy because I always know that when I cross that line, I'm about to see people that bring pure joy to my life.

This weekend that feeling trickled in as I made my way to Gardner Webb University to see some of my favorite people. What a feeling!! As I stepped out of my car into the chilly, fresh air I felt so peaceful and happy. When Kristen opened her house door, I smiled so BIG and I can honestly say I had that smile on my face the entire weekend! You know how some people find comfort in food, well I find comfort in my friends...my true friends! I miss them everyday and I embrace every moment that I get to spend with them.

Things that made the weekend great:

Getting to hug Downey
Seeing Brett smile
Watching scary movies while Kristen played with my hair
Sitting by the bonfire with Rannon, Joey, David and Stephen discussing life
Watching Deborah marry the love of her life
Singing Dave Barnes with Jenni, Craig, Stephen and Chad in front of the Mexican place
Sunday lunch fellowship
Taking pictures with Heather
Discussing a love for jeans with Tiff
Just relaxing and enjoying life

Two more weeks guys and we'll be back together again! Counting down the days:)

Here's a few pictures from the weekend...



0 awesome remarks: