Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, September 09, 2007

hiding or drowning?

I haven't been sleeping well lately! My mind seems to be fully charged whenever I lay down to sleep. It has a hundred different thoughts running through it and I can't seem to slow them down long enough to rest. I've had this happen a few times before but never for this long.

When I was little I couldn't sleep on Christmas Eve but it was only because I wanted to catch a glimpse of Santa. Just once...but I never did. I can remember not being able to sleep everytime my mom went to the hospital. My dad would always say "she's gonna be fine, don't worry," but I worried. I would lay there and pray that she would come home fixed and that she would never have to go back, but she returned countless times. Each time I would have a wrestling match with my covers until I finally drifted off.

You see, sleep is something I love! I would sleep all day if I could. I love to crawl into bed when the room is super cold, bundle up under my comforter and hibernate. I love to dream! There are some amazing things that happen in dreamland, who wouldn't want to be a part of that?

I can't figure this one out...what could be wrong or what am I waiting up to see?

Could I be hiding from dreams or drowning in my thoughts?

1 awesome remarks:

kelli beth said...

i've had the toughest time sleeping too!! and sometimes i feel like you blog what is on my brain!! :) crazy!!!