Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, September 23, 2007

close calls

There were two close calls in my life tonight!

Tonight Mallori and I were driving back from Atlanta...
First off, we probably shouldn't have been driving so late but, it's always so hard to leave!

OK so we're driving back and I see this guy with his brake lights on up ahead. I firgured he was just slowing down but I was wrong! He was completely stopped in the middle of the lane because there was a three pile wreck in front of him. I slammed on brakes and my tires were vibrating so much I felt like they were going to fall off. Mallori was following behind me and she almost crashed into the back of me because of the abrupt stop. I missed hitting the truck by a few inches and Mal missed hitting me by a few inches as well. Close call number one!

A little further down the road I was passing an 18 wheeler when his back, right tire blew. It made the loudest noise ever and sparks began to fly. My heart jumped and it was beating so fast as I pulled as far off the road as I could to get away from him. Mallori did the same and then called me so we could share how freaked out we were! Close call number two!

What an eye opening 3 hour drive. We're not sure if God was keeping us awake by giving us some surprises on the way home or if it was just one crazy night on Interstate 24!

0 awesome remarks: