Butterfly Sparks Designs

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Betting on a storm

So today was my first experience at a horse race. I came up to Lexington for Jen Jen's birthday and we made a trip to Keeneland to make bets for the Kentucky Derby! It was so crowded. These Kentucky people take this horse racing thing seriously. I guess I didn't realize that horse racing was as big of a sport as it is.
People were tailgating and playing some game with bean bags. I felt like I was back in college tailgating at a ECU football game but a horse race instead!!! I bet on a horse that seemed like a winner. His name was "Storm in May" and held the number 4! He gave it a good run but didn't quite pull a victory. Jen however bet on number 7 which happen to win. Yes, first place and she racked in $45. Guess I should pay more attention to stats instead of pretty horses and favorite numbers.
It was a good time with good friends. Next year I'm pulling for number 7...haha!

4 awesome remarks:

AUNY said...

i will bet on a storm in may everytime.. especially if we are doing an outside event. it alway rains when you have plans for outside

AUNY said...

ooopsss.. i posted that as auny.. but its me, brock

AUNY said...

ahhh .. i did it again

AUNY said...

i give up