Butterfly Sparks Designs

Monday, January 18, 2010

Who doesn't love snowboarding?!

Every year, my family tries to go up to the mountains to enjoy some good 'ole ski slopes action. This year was successful! My whole family was able to go ... Daddy, Mama, Brock, Summer and a special addition, Kevin!

I was so excited because we were going to get to snowboard! YES... I mean who doesn't love snowboarding :) Summer was even excited about learning to board!

I had't been snowboarding since 2007 when Jen and I went up to Boone and basically came home with broken tail bones and bruise of all shapes and sizes. I remember thinking I would never master is sport and if I did, it would only be after I broke a few bones or my face. Well, I proved myself wrong.

Now, I'm not saying I'm all of sudden a pro but over the Christmas holiday I did pretty good. After my initial run down the mountain that took about 45 minutes, the rest were a breeze. I stayed up on my board the whole time...minus every time I fell getting off the ski lift. Mastering the lift is a whole new sport in itself.

But overall I did well. Kevin did really well. I believe he's a natural, even if he won't admit it. He was doing all these shreds and turns and maneuvers and well whatever else you want to call them. Let's just say he was awesome!!

Look at us... little snow bunnies!

We had a great time and I'm hoping we hit the slopes again soon!

0 awesome remarks: