Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Empire State of Mind

Now you're in New York!!! These streets will make you feel brand new, the lights will inspire you, Let's hear it for New York, New York, New York

I have to paint a picture for you because it's the only way I can fully describe my amazing New Year's! OK here we go...

I'm standing in the middle of New York City. I'm surrounded by hundreds maybe thousands of people all with their shopping bags full of new clothes, shoes and gadgets. When I looked up all I could see were buildings that seem to disappear into the dark night because they were so tall. The air was very crisp and so chilly that my nose was numb. Layers of clothes were needed and even a plastic bag to cover my little toes so the moisture from the snow didn't seep into my shoes. Everything was beautiful ... the buildings, the churches, the shops, the decorations, the people and especially the tree at Rockefeller! It's one of the most amazing places I've ever visited.

But you know what made it perfect?!

Take a guess...

Yep! Kevin. My little NYC tour guide!

He is the reason my New Year's was the best I've ever experienced! We went ice skating, looked at the city from the top of Rockefeller, drank hot chocolate while walking through Times Square. We played in Toys 'R Us, bought two pounds (yes 2 POUNDS) of candy from F.A.O Schwarz ... and ate it all ... we went to Ground Zero, Central Park, Saks, Radio City, Saint Patrick's Cathedral, etc. We walked up and down 5th Avenue and shopped in all the fancy stores. We ate dinner in a little NYC restaurant. I had this Chicken dish that was to die for with these really long string beans, haha. Kevin had meatloaf and the really long string beans that he twirled with a fork to eat, ha. So entertaining!! Felt like I was in a episode of Sex and the City...without the girls of course :) We spent NYE at a party in the Hotel Carlton off Madison Ave. I got to wear a fancy dress and a feather in my hair, Kevin got to wear a jacket and let me tell you, we looked sharp!

I could go on and on but for the sake of blog space and because I want to show you a few things, we'll move on to pictures!


Rockefeller and that gorgeous tree!

Titles Remembering 9/11

NYE at the Hotel Carlton...All dolled up

Saint Patrick's Cathedral

Candy Candy Candy

Ice Skating in Central Park

It snowed while we were there! SOOOO Pretty!

The rest of the pictures are on Facebook. Go look.

I want to go back! NOW... but only if my cute little tour guide comes with me :)

What an Amazing New Year's! The best one yet

0 awesome remarks: