Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Did I look famous?

For those of you who are wondering...I chose red, haha!

Anyway, I thought I would share a little story of what happened on Friday as I flew in to RDU airport in Raleigh, NC. You see, my friend Jeff was going to pick me up at the airport but after realizing the time situation, he decided that an alternate plan would have to do...so he sent a car for me. Now I've never had a "car" sent for me before so I didn't really know what to expect but I kind of had it in my head that it would be a taxi or something!

NOPE...

I walked to baggage claim and picked up my bags and as I turned to walk outside to the curb, standing about 5 feet from me was a tall man dressed in a full on suit holding a sign that said "SHANNON WHITE." Now, I'm sure that this service happens to people everyday but I was totally thrown off guard and a little embarrassed especially since I was on my cell phone talking about having rehearsal at the State Club...kind of sounded important.

This man took my bags and walked me outside to his black town car complete with tinted windows and leather seats. He opened the rear passenger side door and inside the car was bottled water waiting for me...Holy ROCKSTAR! I felt so awkward! I'm a simple girl and this was not a simple ride from the airport.

Maybe I should have pretended to be famous...although I don't think I have that "I'M A BIG DEAL" look! Oh well, I felt important nonetheless!

1 awesome remarks:

Allie Marie Photography said...

That sounds amazing! :)