Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Quote it!

Over the years I have found that great joy stirrs in my heart for good quotes! It has often occured to me that so few words can speak such great truth and happiness. Reading verses from the Bible, hearing encouraging words from a friend, quotes from a good movie and even short phrases from children's books can leave a long lasting mark.

Here are a few of my favorites...

Those who are wise will shine as bright as the sky, and those who lead many to righteousness will shine like the stars forever. ~ Daniel 12:3

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” ~ Dr. Seuss

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. ~ Buddha

“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.” ~ Dr. Seuss

For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. ~ Col. 1:16-17

It is not length of life, but depth of life. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

You're killing me Smalls! ~ The Sandlot

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~ E. B. White

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” ~ Dr. Seuess

Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. ~ Aristotle

"Take... luck! Take luck and care. Take...care of the luck! Good luck, take care of the luck you might have, if you have luck, take it, care for it. Take-luck-care-of-it-it -- when you take all care of AAARRGGG!" ~ Brian Regan

Anyone who wants to be a can't-hack-it pantywaist who wears their mama's bra, raise your hand. ~ The Sandlot

So what are some of your favorite quotes, verses or just things that bring you joy??

1 awesome remarks:

Allie Marie Photography said...

I love that you quoted Sandlot - it's my favorite movie ever...so I'll quote some more:

"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered but legends never die, follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

"You bob for apples in the toilet...and you like it!"

"I've been coming here every summer of my adult life, and every summer there she is oiling and lotioning, lotioning and oiling... smiling. I can't take this no more!"

And another non-Sandlot:
"...For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstance." Philippians 4:11