Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hiding behind sad eyes...

Last night I was sitting with my puppy watching a movie when I looked over and saw her sad eyes. You see, my puppy, Cambi misses home and she misses my other dog Arley, who she used to play with everyday before we moved to Atlanta. I can see it in her eyes... and it got me to thinking, what do people see in my eyes.

I know that lately I have been a little sad! I've been missing home, friends, old moments and just the past in general. My past holds lots of fun and unforgettable memories and people. But, I almost feel like I've been hiding behind sad eyes. See, I do miss things but I am more excited about my future than sad about my past.

Sometimes when we are working towards a new season or chapter in our life it's easy to get discouraged and to feel a little more down than up. Even when we are thrilled about new surroundings and new people, we hold on so tightly to the "comfort" that we are used to. We are scared that the new things will replace the old. This can cause sad moments or hiding moments, where we detach ourselves from all the exciting new things around. But why would we want to do that?

I took Cambi outside today and walked her around a trail near my house. She had a totally different look on her cute little face. She was happy. She was experiencing something new and her eyes were not sad. This is what I need to do...Hold on to my past and treasure it everyday but, look with a smile toward my future. No more hiding behind sad eyes, instead I need to be glowing with eager eyes.

Look out Atlanta, I'm ready to dive in to what the future holds! And I couldn't be more thrilled!

0 awesome remarks: