Butterfly Sparks Designs

Saturday, February 02, 2008

He made me beautiful!

Sometimes I feel like I get down way more than I seem happy. I go through days where I wake up crying and I go to bed on top of the world. Some days I lay in bed feeling like I have no reason to get out. Other days I am so excited to walk outside and feel the sun hit my face. What causes the drastic change in emotions?

I get on the phone with friends and I bring up questions like "why was I put here? Why does he think like that? When am I going to fit in and find purpose? Will I ever find someone to be with?" I ask these plus about 100 more! I receive all this encouragement from my friends and family and for a few moments I feel like I'm OK, then I go down hill once again. Basically I have a self pity party and I'm the VIP guest.

Did you know that a self pity is all about you? All the attention is on you! All focus on you! And all words spoken have to do with you! So if it's all about you, where is God in all this? Good questions huh? This is something I asked myself tonight.

You see, what's happening is Satan has been allowed in and he is speaking all these lies in to my head. Telling me, you're not good enough! You can't do that? Those thoughts are dumb and it will never happen to you! I can't believe I've been allowing the devil to trick me into believing all these lies.

The truth is, I am good enough because God made me perfect in his eyes. He mastered me into this amazing person and He paved a way for me in this world. He hand crafted me just the way he wanted and made me beautiful not only on the inside but on the outside.

So here's what I, and maybe you need to do; we need to speak out loud whenever the devil whispers nonsense in our ears. Speak it, out loud! Now don't go shout it down the aisles of Wal-Mart and cause this awkward moment, unless you really just prefer to do that, but speak it! Whenever you speak the name of the Lord, the demons will go running. Let's stop the pity parties and start believing what God has been saying to us all long!

So here let's practice saying some things out loud. And don't cheat, REALLY say these out loud!

I am beautiful...
I am talented...
I can do whatever I set my mind to...
Because God made me perfect in His eyes! And those are really the only eyes that matter!!!

1 awesome remarks:

kelli beth said...

thanks for the comments!! :) hope you're adjusting well to life in the big ATL!!!