Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, August 30, 2009

tears, laughter, yawns and frustration

An emotional roller coaster I tell ya! One minute I'm laughing hysterically, the next minute I have tears swelling up in my eyes. I am completely drained but feel that I need to give more in order to accomplish what God wants me to accomplish. My emotions are all over the place between the thoughts of the kids in Oregon to the joys of men who are making a difference in downtown Atlanta to the frustration of the questions I keep getting about giving. It's a crazy in my mind right now!

I do need to vent for one mini second and then I'll move on...

When did giving become so question filled? When did helping become so political? And when did people forget how to show compassion? I am so tired of excuses, so tired of people who complain about having to give or come and partake in things but don't have the audacity to listen to what is going on around them. People who are so consumed with themselves that they forget that there is a whole world out there that is broken and can't be fixed by simple words like "Oh that's awful." I don't quite understand. My thought right now: Wake up people! There is more to this world than nice clothes and a stocked bank account. Money is money and you can always make more. Why not use your money to help someone in need instead of spending it on alcohol and $15 meals for yourself!!!

OK I'm done! Let's move on to something awesome...

Praise for the weekend: With a goal of $500 for postage to get the tents from Texas to Oregon for the kids in Bend, we tripled it! How awesome is our God.

Thank you to everyone who gave, everyone who has been praying and everyone that attended the events this weekend. You guys just showed some seriously LOVE to some kids in serious need!

0 awesome remarks: