Butterfly Sparks Designs

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Criticism ... in a good way!

I have been struggling lately with criticism. Not meaning that I feel like everyone is coming down on me, but in the way that I'm not really great with people telling me I did something wrong or that it could have been done better. I guess in my mind, when someone tells me that I shouldn't focus on that detail or I should think about doing it in a different way, I get all sensitive. In that moment, what is happening in my mind is this... I screwed up because they were not happy with my thought/idea/comment. Isn't that the dumbest thing you've ever heard?!

Advice or criticism or reviews or whatever you want to call it, is not always meant to tear you down... sometimes, a lot of the time, it's meant to help you look at things in a different perspective and offers a chance to make what you have ten times better. It can actually be quite helpful once you get past the whole "I can't believe they just told me my idea isn't up to par" thing. Haha...putting down the pride stinks sometimes!!

I'm going to work very hard on this and I will needs every one's help. Now, this is not an open invitation to tell me all the things that need to be changed in my life but this is an invitation to politely tell me that sometimes things can be better if we look at them from other perspectives and we take constructive ideas to heart :)


If you love learning, you love the discipline that goes
with it--how shortsighted to refuse correction!

Proverbs 12:1 (The Message)

0 awesome remarks: