Butterfly Sparks Designs

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Squished

I rode the Marta tonight for the first time and it's safe to say it will be my last time! I mean don't get me wrong, I think it's great that we have public transportation and all but it's just not for me. My reasoning for not wanting to step foot in that confined space ever again is because of the people I came across tonight.

If there is one type of person I have a hard time dealing with, it's someone who can't look past their snooty rich life to see people. Someone who thinks that life is all about them and how they feel about the situation. Someone who pouts when they don't get their way or speaks out without thinking about their judgment, words or how hey look when cruelty is expressed through their actions.

We came across a lady like that tonight. She was on her way back from The Jonas Brothers concert with her little girls(she already loses points for being at that concert). I was with my dad, my two uncles and two friends trying to make it up to the Dunwoody Marta stop. We're all tired. We've all been waiting to get on this train and this lady feels like she has the right to tell us to get off the train because she and her child are too squished. "We're all squished. Its hot. Some people smell. And we all want one thing...to be home!" These are thoughts running through my head as I am staring at her yelling at my dad and uncles to get off the train.

I'm not sure what that lady saw when she looked at us but what I saw when I looked at her was someone whose perception and motives weren't in order! I saw someone judging...someone who didn't think before she spoke and for that I had no compassion for her having to be 'squished' just like everyone else!

Some people just don't it! Life is about love. It's about sharing, investing, teaching, growing, helping. There should be no room for judging, yelling, anger, negative thoughts, evil glares, etc... and especially no room for snooty remarks!

0 awesome remarks: