Butterfly Sparks Designs

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cause Breaking up is hard to do

Dear Sleep,

I feel that, our relationship has changed somewhat over the past week and that we need to talk about it. I realize that we have not been spending much time together lately and for that I'm truly sorry. We used to spend every Sunday afternoon together. Now, we barely see each other and, when we do, it's only for a short period of time. I know it may not be the same for you, but being away from you only makes me appreciate our time together more. Work has been consuming much of my time. And, when I'm not at work, I like to hang out with my friends - no offense.

Now, I'm not saying you're boring, but we've been dating for years. And well, things just get old sometimes. We always hook up in the same places - my bed, the couch, the floor, sometimes other peoples' cars. I need something more (though there was that one time at work...). You never go with me to the mall or the local hot spot. I can't take you to dinner with my friends. Sometimes you go to church with me or to the movies. But, let's face it, our relationship isn't as intimate as it used to be. I think we just need to be friends.

And let's be honest, I know you've been seeing other people. I hear people talking about you all the time. "Oh I need Sleep" and "I had the best sleep last night." I'm no fool. I think it's best if we just dated other people. No hard feelings. I hope we can still be friends.

Love,
me

PS: Tell your cousin, Dreams, to leave me alone. He confuses the crap out of me.

Compliments of J. Brisson

0 awesome remarks: