Butterfly Sparks Designs

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Surprise!

Yep, we pulled it off! My Dad, brother and I managed to surprise my Mom with a special lunch in Raleigh for her birthday. Here's how it happened...

About a month ago, my brother and I were conversing about how we could see Mama on her birthday. Since I live about 7 hours away, we knew we would have to begin planning immediately to make it work. We let Daddy in on the surprise because he had to be the chauffeur that got her to the location. We decided we would take her to her favorite restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory in Raleigh. She would show, without knowing Brock and I would be there and be completely surprised. That was the plan!

So, everything was set...I drove up yesterday and stayed with Brock for the night so we would be in the same place and could drive up to Raleigh together. Always better to put us together then to trust us to be somewhere at the same time, on time :)

Anyway, we each called Mama to wish her Happy Birthday this morning and, of course asked her what she was doing for her special day. She told us all about how Daddy was taking her to Raleigh but he wouldn't tell her why. She said all he kept saying was 'It's a SURPRISE!' Brock and I giggled each time we got off the phone because we were so excited because we were the surprise!

Around 11:40 AM, Brock and I arrived at the restaurant, we snatched up a table and waiting anxiously staring at the door for Mama and Daddy's arrival. We finally saw them walk in so we both ducked down a bit and waited for the hostess to bring them over. When she did, we popped up and said 'Happy Birthday'... Not too loud though, I mean we were in public!

Mama was so surprised and confused all at the same time. SHe just kept saying "I thought you were working and did you fly in for this?" It was perfect!

We had some roses waiting for her on the table and a little gift to make her feel extra special :)


Here are some of the moments...


Mama and Brock showing off their yummy desserts!

This was the 30th Anniversary Cheesecake but Mama said it was to celebrate her 30th birthday, haha!

I was very excited about Daddy's Banana Creme Cheesecake! Delicious

It was an awesome day and I am so glad I got to see my Mama on her special day! Love you Mama!!!

0 awesome remarks: