Butterfly Sparks Designs

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The practice field...

As you know if you read my Facebook status today, I have put a red shirt back on. Some you have commented on my decision and I think that I need to explain so that everyone is aware of my reasoning.

You see, back in January I decided that after a few months of not dating, I would jump back into the "market." I was optimistic about my decision and I thought that by taking off my red jersey I would be excited about my adventure in to the infamous dating land. Well, I have found that the adventure isn't as rewarding or exciting as I thought.

I'm not quite sure about the men that are being produced these days. I have met a few wonderful guys but I have also met a few not-so-wonderful guys. I think that somewhere between graduating college and stepping into the so called 'real world,' I must have also step into a world of immature and confused boys.

Here's my thing, I'm not trying to throw out any factual statements, I am strictly giving you my opinion. I don't ask much when it comes to someone I would like to start a relationship with. It's really simple actually! Here's my criteria:

1. A man who loves God and is actively seeking what God wants for his life.
2. A man with dedication towards his family, friends and career.
3. A man who can bring joy to my heart and a smile to my face.
4. A man who can protect but can also be sensitive in the appropriate times.

Those are the main four!

Now every girl has another list which includes things like 'he must tall, he must be athletic, he must be funny, he needs to be musical, etc.' These are all bonuses... honestly girls want someone who can be their best friend and someone who can lead them spiritual and emotionally! Girls aren't really looking for high school behavior or someone that has no idea what he wants to do or where he wants to go in life.

So with all that said, I have put my red shirt back on, but hear me out, this shirt is different. It's my practice jersey...I'm just warming up! I'm preparing for a big game one day. And when the day comes when some guy steps up and shows me a Godly protrait of how I should be treated, I'll take the red practice jersey off and run into the game giving 110 percent!

Besides practice makes perfect, right?!

1 awesome remarks:

Scott and Lyndsay Crews said...

Perhaps you should just subtly add a link to this post in all of your emails/facebook messages so that they can read up and prepare themselves to ask you out...