Butterfly Sparks Designs

Monday, November 12, 2007

Colors

While riding back from the Atlanta area today, I stared out the window at the beautiful colors scattered across the wooded areas. There were reds, yellows, oranges, greens and browns. It looked like God picked up a paint brush and carefully painted this picture of beauty and wonder.

I was thinking about each color and what I felt when I looked at them. Yellow brought me a since of joy because it makes me think of golden rays of sunshine. I love how the warm sun feels on my face in the middle of the summer and those yellow leaves took me back.

Orange makes me think of the music in my head. I think of vibrant lyrics and beautiful voices singing. I can remember when I was young, singing softly while sitting under my favorite tree in the fall. It was a pine tree and I always sat there when I needed time to think and reflect.

The red leaves made me think of caution and warning. Sometimes I have all these great ideas in my mind and all these changes that I would like to make but I know I should stop and think. Ask for direction instead of taking the path I want for myself.

Brown leaves make me think back to all the people I have known and have passed along my journey. Makes me miss my Grandma and remember the amazing things she shared and taught me along the way.

The green leaves make me think of life. Possibly a new life. After being in Corpus Christi and seeing thousands of people being born again, green makes me remember them.

Fall is the most beautiful season in my opinion. I love the chilly weather and the magnificent colors. What do the colors mean to you?

0 awesome remarks: