Butterfly Sparks Designs

Friday, July 24, 2009

The sun sets over the sea

I spent the past five days at a little place I call home! Not my home home but my second home. The place where I met Jesus and he began teaching the beauty of all the things around me. The serenity that comes with a beautiful sunset or the light sea breeze that blows across your face. This place is a little magical and some of us call it bubble because when you're there, troubles seen so distant and stress just melts away. This place is called Caswell.

If you've known my for a while then you know how much this place means to me, to my well being and just the effect it has on my heart and soul. I enter that gates and I am immediately happy! It's where my smiles are big and laughter is loud. It causes me to act a little like a child but in a mature type of way:)

It's a place where the sun rises over the river and the sun sets over the sea. Where khaki and blue make sense for daily attire and sitting on Little Pier can make everything better!

I had a hard time coming home to Atlanta, not because I don't love it here... it's just, the bond I have with my friends and family in NC is hard to drive away from. It's very difficult to leave the ones you love especially when you don't really know when you'll get to see them again:( I have a hard time with that.

I will go back soon and I embrace every second! One NC, I will come back to you and it will be glorious:)

Lately, I've been thinkin' about You
And lately, I've been dreaming about You
And lately, I can't get You out of my head
Get You out of my head

There's something about the ocean
Makes me rise up and praise
There's something about the heavens
Makes me stand in awe again
There's something about the sunrise
Reminds me of Your faithfulness
There's something about the ocean (Your presence)
And I'm lost in love again

I'll sing until I sense a smile
Upon Your great and lovely face
Until I know Your glory's in this place
Your glory's in this place (yeah-yeah)

1 awesome remarks:

Josh Booth said...

I think it's awesome you used a Ten Shekel Shirt song in this post! Not many people know/remember them!