Butterfly Sparks Designs

Friday, July 31, 2009

Doesn't make sense

I have decided that money is from the Devil! It seems to be the main stress of my household and it gets in the way of everything!

Sorry, I can't go out to eat with you guys tonight because I don't have money.
I wish I could but I can't buy a plane ticket home because I have no money.
Dang it, I can't do that thing that you all wanted to do when you wanted to do it because...well you get my point!

But the biggest thing I wonder despite all my complaining is...How are people making it these days? and how are people buying huge mansions and 6 Bentleys with the way this economy is? It just doesn't make sense. But seriously, how are people surviving and has anyone noticing that some are barely surviving?

Let me tell you a little story that took place, oh about 3 days ago, in a big city called Atlanta. I was downtown and Safehouse with a few friends learning more about the organization when I walked outside the building and saw a remarkably sad site. People among people standing in line for food. All ages...elderly, teenagers kids...my heart broke. There had to be hundreds of them forming a semi single file line in order to get a meal that evening.

There I was thinking back to the complaints I had about not being able to eat out at Chili's that day because I was short on cash, when these people stood in front of me without the option of going anywhere for food that required cash. They had none!

Now you're probably saying to yourself, "well those people need to get a job and make money like the rest of us!" and my response to you is "they've tired." Some of them really have. They are broken, living on the streets because they lost their job, couldn't find work in this economy and had to move their families onto the streets because they were evicted from their homes. And you know what, you can't get a job without an address. Don't believe me...try to!!!

I learned so much Tuesday. Stuff that is etched in my brain and weighing heavy on my heart! Time for me to quit complaining about money because despite the fact they I may not be able to have dinner out for a few days, I , unlike some will get a paycheck and will be able to purchase the things I need. I don't have it hard like some!

My prayer is for Jesus to make me aware. To give me the opportunity to give with what I have to those who need more than a hand out, they need a hand to hold on to. Someone to walk with them and help instead of walking pass them and judging!

1 awesome remarks:

AUNY said...

We were just in San Francisco and there were so many homeless people. Brock asked one guy about a job and he said that he couldn't find one. He tried, but Brock made the same comment that you made..."It's hard to get a job without an address."