Butterfly Sparks Designs

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Letting go

It's amazing how we continually say that we're going to let go of something and let God take control but then we continue to grasp so tightly to it that God can't even get a finger on it. Why are we so scared to let go of things that in the long run, won't matter?Do we hold on in hopes that something will change or someone's mind will take a different look? Do we hold on because we're scared to let go? What is the reason?

They say "when you love something, let it go, if it comes back to you it's yours." I haven't met one person that believes that or even practices that logic! When I love something I hold on tightly. I'm constantly worried that if it's out of sight then it will not be in my mind and I'll forget. I don't want to forget. I'm so worried about losing something or missing out on something, that I fight for it and often get hurt in the process.

I wonder if there's a way to let go of things and not hurt in the process. Like when you let go of dreams, jobs and relationships(whether it's a friend or a crush). There's always this pain. One that just aches and leaves you feeling incomplete. Is there a way to avoid all that? I wish I knew...

All I know, is letting go is hard to do!

3 awesome remarks:

stephanie said...

girl, i am right there with you. i'm actually in the process of doing that as well with someone in my life. i find it that more than anything i've been hurt by them, so i NEED to let them go, but at the same time, the other side i see to them is so amazing. and that's the person i don't want to loose. but, all in all, i have to keep reminding myself that, while this person is great... they still shouldn't be in my life, and that there are more people like this person... that in the end won't hurt me like they did.

hope you are well, pretty lady.

Anonymous said...

hey love, I'm so glad you were online last night...we both seemed to be struggling with our situations at the same time...i really miss you and can't wait to (hopefully) see you! Love you!

Angi said...

and money . . . . too often people hold too tightly to their money, when they need to let go and see all the good it can do. (Not hand it over to the government mind you, but to use for God's glory.)