Butterfly Sparks Designs

Monday, December 24, 2007

It's Christmas to Me!

The tree is all decorated and there are gifts underneath...
There's an angel on top and a beautiful wreath hanging on the door! The manger scence is set in place and smell of Christmas trees is in the air. I woke up to the smell of turkey this morning and to my dad working outside in the yard(trying to figure out how to get Mama's gift here without her knowing).

Oh, I love this time of the year because there is just something about being home for Christmas! I love visiting my aunt's house and getting to see all my cousins, who now have like three kids a piece, ha! I love watching my grandma open all her gifts and then telling everyone how she doesn't need any of them. I love seeing my niece all dressed up in some adorable Christmas outfit and watching her around dessert time, that's my uncle's favorite part too!

Christmas means a lot to me because it's the one time of the year where I can see some of my friends I graduated high school with. We all live in different states now and it's hard to get together. It's a time when I don't have to work and I can just sit back and relax. No phone calls, no waiting tables, no aggravating anything, just peace(except for the occasional fight with the sibling)!

I get to watch movies to my heart's constent, eat yummy food till I can't stand up and sleep till I absolutely have to get up! I can visit my old church and see how much the kids I used to babysit grew. I thank God for this season. I love this time of year!

What is your favorite part of Christmas?

1 awesome remarks:

Anonymous said...

food. chocolate and opening the gifteses


and family, and friends. thats all