Butterfly Sparks Designs

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Choices

Life is about choices and with the choices that we make comes consequences that aren't always the the greatest on the heart. You could decide something that makes total sense one second but seems so hard the next! Why is it that in life we are always scared of making the wrong decisions that every decision we make seems to cause regret!

Choices should be easy like "I like chocolate ice cream therefore I will get some!" Or "this makes me happy therefore I will do it!" Yes those seem easy but somewhere along our path we have learned that we should analyze every detail of every choice we make just so we can explain it to others! Explaining it to others helps us to rationalize things and often change our minds. Why is that!

If I say "I like you despite where you are" then that's how I feel and I shouldn't allow others to change that choice. We all need to learn to make choices based on God and what we need for us not for what makes sense to everyone else!

2 awesome remarks:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Miss you

Barbara said...

AMEN!
That have sence hahaha

Actually i was talking about that with my boyfriend last night.

Because i was going to meet a friend that i have time i don't see him in person. And he invited me to a coffee cause he say he want to tell me a lot of things. I agree. I didn't see a problem with that. He is my friend, we are going to drink a coffe, talk and that's it. Is nothing wrong about that.
Then i say to my boyfriend that i make an appointment today with my friend. He say: fine, it's ok. But then he start saying: "I trust in you, and i love you because how you are, and i know that he is just a friend, but the people can see it wrong. I don't want people come to me saying that they see you with other boys and think you are cheating on me and make a bad impresion about you, cause i now you are not"
I start thinking about the situation... and my boyfriend don't know him, just when i talk about him. I put my self in his shoes. And probably i'll feel strange. Because i don't know the person and i don't know the intention she have with him. Anyways, i know him and i know if he say that to me, i'll feel just a little strange but i know he will just talk with a friend and that's all. Just like i'm going to do it. I don't see any problem. But i have never been in that situation.

The thing is that i say to my boyfriend: "You know me, you know that i'll never cheat you, I'm telling you that i'm going to meet him because i don't have any razonabe explanation why i should not doing this or say it to you. This is between you and me. Let the people talk, anyways, the people will always talk. You know the situation and you know there's no problem about that"

Why does mind and people make simple things difficult??