Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Wonder

Why is it that wonder always seems to capture the soul. It seems that there is always something to wonder about.
I wonder where I'll eat lunch today? I wonder if my family is happy today? I wonder if today will be a pretty good day or an awesome day. We all do it! We all have this sense of wonder built in to our every being.

The dictionary describes the word wonder in three different ways...

The first being a verb stating that wonder is the quality of exciting amazed admiration.

The second is a noun. It describes wonder as a cause of astonishment or admiration, giving the example... miracle!

The third is an adjective and it describes wonder in two ways. "A rapt attention or astonishment at something awesomely mysterious or new to one's experience" and then gives an opposite stating " a feeling of doubt or uncertainty."

Now when I think about the word wonder, I think about all the times throughout my days that I think about things. The things I want to happen. The things I don't want to happen. I wonder if I'll succeed? i would if God is pulling me in this direction? I wonder if I'm obeying? I wonder if I'll meet "THE ONE" tomorrow or if I've already met him and he'll realize it tomorrow? These are consisitant. Consistant feelings, concerns, fears, hopes, dreams, admirations...They're just constant! A constant wonder.

0 awesome remarks: