Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Relentless

I witnessed this absurd act today at a local restaurant that took me back to my waitressing days. One thing I know is that sometimes people have a way of making days worse than they already are.

Kim and I went to Backyard Burger today for some yummy food. While we were there, these two ladies and one fellow came in with attitudes from the start. I felt really bad for waiter who was obviously having a really hard day. The three people placed their order and somehow the order got all mixed up. I believe one of the burgers had a tomato on it when it was ordered without it. The lady threw a fit and started yelling. She stated several times that she wasn't going to pay for her food and that it was ridiculous that they got her order wrong!

Honestly, how hard is it to take off a piece of tomato. It blows my mind how rude and relentless people are especially when all they want is something for free!I think that everyone should take a class in college on how hard it is to work in the restaurant business! It would definitely change some people's minds and hearts when they realize what waiters and waitresses have to put up with!

OK venting session over:)

2 awesome remarks:

Scott and Lyndsay Crews said...

I grabbed dinner at Chickfila on my way to class tonight.

I ordered an 8 pack nugget.

There were only seven nuggets.

So I stood at the counter and threw each nugget at the kid who gave them to me.

Then I loudly and rudely said, "How many nuggets did I just pound you with?!?!" To which he replied, "Seven". To which I replied, "YEAH! so where's my eighth nugget?!?!"

Okay...so maybe it didn't quite happen like that. Maybe I just handed it to him and he handed me a replacement box. But the replacement box had 9 nuggets in it!

I guess the correct thing to do would have been hand it back, since I ordered an 8 count nugget, and not a 9 count. But I ate them ALL. And I savored the ninth one because of all my trouble.

...mmmm.....

Brandon said...

I fall into the crowd that would freak out if a tomato were on my burger. No it's not hard to pull it off, but there would be tomato juice and a soggy bun left in its wake...and I just can't take that. A bad attitude is not necessary, however, and I would not yell at anybody for it. I would ask for a new burger without the tomato, though.