Butterfly Sparks Designs

Friday, October 19, 2007

a lost treasure

When tragedy enters my life, I find it easy to write words to comfort me. I wrote this tonight for a friend that I will miss.

His face was so genuine and his eyes were so sincere.
He seemed to have this gentle spirit that remain pure and dear.

His love for youth was compelling and his heart for God beamed true
His love for sports was overwhelming and you could see it with every clue.

Laughter can ease the hurt and pain and he was great at creating true fun
I wish that time would take me back to that place that seemed so undone.

How can I create the words to describe this amazing yet quiet man
I never got the chance to know him or listen to his future plans.

His path has abruptly ended and the reason seems so unclear
I question things more and more with every single tear.

I pray that he is safe and that he is resting without the pain
I pray that God is with him, possibly watching a Colorado football game.

You will be missed and treasured! You have pierced our hearts with love
You taught us about true joy and you will continue to do so from Heaven above!

I know I don't reveal a name or any type of detail, but if you could pray for peace and healing, it would mean the world to some heartbroken people tonight!

Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.
~Timothy 2:3

1 awesome remarks:

Scott and Lyndsay Crews said...

Hey! Thanks for this...it's very comforting.