Butterfly Sparks Designs

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Purpose

Your touch can cause the skin to tingle as it trickles to the soul.
Your chocolate eyes can melt the heart but still I sense the cold.

My mind was simply captured and you seemed locked in from the moment that we met,
But now your heart seems to change faster than the colors of the sunset.

Can you see me? The person that you were intrigued to see?
Are you craving moments and dreams or has that addiction turned to sympathy?

I don't want your pity, I've seen it too many times before!
I don't want your comforting words, I'd rather you just close the swinging door.

Your excuses are redundant and you never seem to compromise.
Wait, I take that back! You showed a bit of mercy because of my tear filled eyes.

They say that words a cheap and that time will heal the pain
But advice is so damn costly when you don't understand the game.

One day you will have struggles. One day you will have hardships.
You'll see a cookie cutter world where all is made of plastic.

A regret may come and linger or it may not ever surface
But maybe you will think of me and understand my purpose!

1 awesome remarks:

kelli beth said...

woah! that's awesome! did you write that, shannon???