Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The single face!

My friend Megan is amazing and her thoughts are even more amazing. I wanted to share her blog with you because it made my day!
Recently I went out and saw a couple of friends that I haven't seen in years. It was nice to talk and catch up on each others lives, but the one question that all single people dread is"Are you dating anyone?" When I smiled and replied "No I'm single", each one gave me this sympathetic look and said "Don't worry he's out there."
Well thanks but no thanks. I choose to be single because I want to be. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice for the cuddling aspect and the close bond, but until I figure out what I'm doing with my life, I don't feel it's necessary to muddy up my life and career with a boyfriend. I don't need someone to tell me that prince charming is going to come and sweep me off my feet and make everything better. What I need to do is stay focused and build a decent bank account.
I hate how guys get to be known as studs and bachelors. Their single title is looked upon as "acceptable" and they even have TV shows were desperate women throw themselves at the one lucky bachelor whom they don't even know, how pathetic is that?!!!! What people really should focus on is their own self content, who they want to be and how to improve themselves.
So to all of you that have single friends (especially single girl-friends) please stop with the sad, empathetic looks for their single title. If we wanted a man trust me going to a bar, looking cute, and acting interested isn't hard.
This blog was the highlight of my day...if you agree let me know! I know I do

1 awesome remarks:

Kyle B said...

OK... I totally hate the "single face." I can't tell you how often I get it too!

Kyle from CC