Butterfly Sparks Designs

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Spring Cleaning...in the Winter!

Spring Cleaning would be an understatement. This cleaning would be classified as moving, without switching homes. I have spent the past three days with my parents organizing, purging and giving tons of stuff away.

How much? Well I'm glad you asked.

All together we gave away 54 bags to Goodwill, 32 bags to the local trash dump, 11 bags to a local family and 2 laundry baskets to some great friends of mine. The bags given were full of clothing, shoes, toys, suitcases, coats, etc. Now, the bags given to the local dump were full of trash of course but that's still considered giving, right? :)

What an eye-opening experience this has been. I realized how blessed my family is and how we need to re-think the way we use our money, our storage and our thought process. I mean can you imagine how many people all those bags are going to bless?

A LOT!

I am very proud of my parents for letting me come in to their home, talk them into working over the Thanksgiving break, allowing me to re-organize their house and all the while being good sports, cooperative and encouraging.

Now, we rest! And take some Advil cause all our backs hurt, ha ha!

Give thanks and give to those in need!

0 awesome remarks: