Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sounds Like Life to Me

Life continues to bring new challenges... I mean, my parents had always told me that but I just thought that one day everything would run smoothly and challenges, dilemmas and tension would dissolve. That doesn't really happen!

I am reminded daily that life is a constant work in progress. Just when one area seems to be perfect, another presents tension. Maybe I'm just a little too emotional or I worry about things that are beyond my control but I seem to have all these concerns and thoughts swirling around in my head that never go away. Things that I'm trying to juggle but feel as if I'm doing a horrible job at it.

One thing I've always prided myself on is how I keep up with friends. I love to be in the loop and to know where they are, how they are, what's going, etc. This is what I feel creates a strong bond between friends. It's what "Relationship" is all about! Investing in people is how friends are formed and bonds are created. And since I'm two states away from the people I consider to be some of my best friends, phone calls, emails, text messages, Facebook comments, etc. are required. The problem is I can't balance my time well enough to use these social media outlets, ugh! My friends call and 4 days later I am still thinking about the fact that I never called them back. What the crap is wrong with me? It's a challenge to keep up! Juggling the job scene, my friends, my boyfriend, my family, my passions, my goals and just the odds and ends of everyday life is a struggle right now.

Emails keep pouring in, time is crunched, the things I WANT to do get pushed back because of the things I HAVE to do, sleep takes a back seat and QT, well sometimes that's not even in the equation. I mean I spend time with people but sadly my mind is most of the time somewhere else...mainly on when do I get to go to bed.

That's just plain sad!

Now, I know it sounds like I'm complaining... but I'm really not. I am blessed! I am blessed to have friends and jobs and such. Chaos and challenges, well that's just life. I guess, I'm just apologizing. Apologizing to my friends who get forgotten about until days later. Apologizing to my bosses for not being able to give 110%. Apologizing to Kevin for always being tired and most of the time whiny. Apologizing to myself for not taking control and spending more time doing what I WANT.

There's a song by Darryl Worley called 'Sounds Like Life to Me' and I need to listen to it cause I'm sure everyone goes through moments where they can't keep up or things seem off track or challenges creep in. There's a part in the song where he's describing everything that's going wrong in his life... Read:

I say hey man, what’s going on
He said I don’t know where to start

Sarah’s old car’s about to fall apart
And the washer quit last week
We had to put momma in the nursing home
And the baby’s cutting teeth
I didn’t get much work this week
And I got bills to pay
I said I know this ain’t what you wanna hear
But it’s what I’m gonna say

(Chorus)
Sounds like life to me it ain’t no fantasy
It’s just a common case of everyday reality
Man I know it’s tough but you gotta suck it up
To hear you talk you’re caught up in some tragedy
It sounds like life to me


Sounds like life to me too!

Moral of the post...sorry to all I've neglected. I'll do better but in the process, I'm going to do better at doing what makes me happy :)

0 awesome remarks: