Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rest up

Ugh... It's been almost a week since I've written! That means all of you have missed out on some much in the past 6 days and apologize.

There has been a wedding, a birthday surprise, 16 hours of driving, time with my niece, homemade chicken salad, becoming small group leader, creating homemade vegetable soup, waving good-bye to Cambi, becoming Facebook official, using my 4-runner's bright lights for the first time, watching Aiden walk, dancing with my Daddy, etc. etc. etc... >insert deep breath here<

It was all fun and all memorable and I wish I could write about it for days...but I'm exhausted just thinking about it all.

Here's the thing... I can't keep up. I can't keep up with my work, I can't keep up with my friends, I can't keep up with my laundry. I mean, I can't even keep up with my sleep and that's kind of important. My day is constant jump from one thing to the next and even on the nights when nothings planned, something comes up and I once again miss another opportunity to rest.

Rest is defined as a bodily state characterized by minimal functional and metabolic activities.

Yea, I don't get that! For me, rest is sleep...alone time...finding a hammock somewhere and completely shutting off my mind. Ahhhh that would be glorious! I would love to go home after work, curl up in my bed and take an hour to 2 hour nap. I LOVE afternoon naps. They are my favorite. I need more of them in my life.

Bottom line: I need a break or I'm going to break! And by break I mean nap :)

1 awesome remarks:

Michelle said...

Breath Girl! Its no secret that you have a full plate... full life book... full LIFE. Know that everyone is thankful for the time we get to spend with you and we don't think in terms of quantity... just quality! Which is what you do best!! Rest up... Recharge those batteries. Your a blessing to everyone you come into contact with... and we will most definitely understand the word "no". =)