Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Baby Blue Waterfall

I love candles!


They make my room smell so good. They provide a relaxing flicker when the overhead lights are just too bright. They add to the decor and they boost color in the dull areas of my house.

So, funny story about candles (well it's funny now)...

This past Saturday I decided to burn a candle while I was home. I lite it about 2 PM and went about my day cleaning, moving things around, showering...you know, the things you do on Saturdays, ha. My room smelled lovely the entire time by the way.

Around 4 pm I decided to head to the mall to return some things I bought during my impulse shopping binge on Black Friday. I mean they were $30 jeans, who wouldn't buy them ... that's what I said Friday. On Saturday, however it was more like ... Why did I buy another pair of jeans that I don't need and don't really have the funds for? Needless to say, I took them back.

After shopping I went over to the guy's house, had dinner, watched the Georgia/GTech, ate mashed potatoes in SOLO cups, went to Flip Flops, fell asleep, woke up, went to Upstreet, sang for the kids, went back to the guy's house, took a nap, watched a movie, went to the 6 o' clock service, ate dinner with my roommates, Ron and Kevin, then went back to the guy's house and watched Iron Man.

Around 10 pm, I got a text from my roommate Michelle. Our texting conversation went something like this...

Michelle: When was the last time you were home?
Me: Yesterday afternoon. Why? Everything OK?
Michelle: Haha ya. I have good news and I have bad news...
Me: What? I don't like bad news
Michelle: Good: You have/had an amazing candle that burned for ehhhh 24+ hours. Bad: It made a gigantic mess in your room :(
Me: Oh S***

Yep, I cursed.

This is what I saw when I got home
It was like a baby blue waterfall.

Good news, it wasn't as bad as I had imagined and it wiped right off without messing up the wall.
Better news, I still have candle left to burn.
The Best news, I didn't burn the house down!

Lesson learned.

1 awesome remarks:

Julie Tiemann said...

Yikes! Glad that turned out the way it did. (I would have sworn too.)