Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Cajun food craving

On the days leading up to leaving for New Orleans, all I could talk about was getting gumbo and eating craw fish and trying jambalaya. I was pretty much a fat kid talking about food 24/7. It was a slight obsession that I had as the countdown for our departure dwindled. I may have even dreamed about it, haha! It was serious...but not as serious as I am about cupcakes! Those are my first love :)

Anywho, New Orleans is known for their Cajun style food... craw fish and sausage and enough spices to make anyone's eyes water. They have pralines and beignets and hurricanes...wait that's not a food, oops, ha! Let's just say there were so many options that I had such a hard time picking my meals. Luckily, I didn't have to pick where we ate, just what I ate. That made things a lot easier! Thanks Brent for living in New Orleans and for knowing great local places to eat.

So here's where we dined...

Camellia Grill - brunch, diner style!
Joey K's - They have Po Boys... soo good.
Voodoo BBQ - BBQ, duh.
Cafe Du Monde - Beignets with enough powered sugar to coat 17 funnel cakes.
Reginelli's - Pizza at it's best.
Cafe Elaine - She made homemade jambalaya for us at the house! Amazing.

Now I know you're looking at that list and you're thinking to yourself, "no seafood?" You are correct, we did not eat any seafood but that just gives us a reason to go back soon! Besides we had beignets... What more do you need?!



Do you see that powdered sugar! Goodness :)

Tomorrow I'll upload pics from Jackson Square, The parade and Bourbon Street!

0 awesome remarks: