Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Taste of Atlanta 2010


Yep! You should pretty much be able to guess what happens at this event :)

If you guessed tasting some of Atlanta's finest foods, you guessed correctly... And tasting we did!

This was the 9th annual Taste of Atlanta... a dynamic, flavor-filled 2-day outdoor food and wine festival which showcases the diversity of Atlanta's food scene and has been known to attract food lovers from Atlanta, the Southeast and beyond. The festival was held at Tech Square in the heart of Midtown Atlanta encompassing Spring Street and 5th Street. There were so many people and SO much food to try. I think, at one point, I described it as "State Fair-like" without the rickety fair rides and creepy carnies! Maybe I only said that because they had funnel cakes...hmmmm.

This is how it works... you pay $25 and that covers your admission and gives you 15 food tickets to use at the vendor tents. Some would think that it would be no problem to use 15 tickets and try all the delicious food...wrong. It's very difficult because there is so much food and me personally, I can't consume that much in a small amount of time. My tummy was definitely full and I had a slight sick feeling as we made our way down the streets looking for the next item to consume.

So what did we eat? I'm glad you asked...
* Spinach Pie from The Greek
* Shrimp and Crab Bisque from Wildfire
* BBQ Ribs from 5th Street Ribs & Blues
* Chicken & Waffles from Glady's Knights Chicken & Waffles
* Organic Pumpkin Ice Cream from 5 Seasons Westside
* Porcini Ravioli in Champagne Cream Sauce from Il Mulino
* Chocolate drizzled strawberries, brownies & pound cake from The Melting Pot
* Red Velvet cupcake from Mosaic

That's all I can remember right now but there was way more than that... I'm full all over again just thinking about it all :)

I had such and awesome time eating great food, spending time with Kevin, Kristi and Brent and just being in downtown Atlanta on a beautiful Saturday afternoon!

0 awesome remarks: