Butterfly Sparks Designs

Friday, October 15, 2010

The reality land of make-believe

Dreams can make you question so much. It's that battle between reality and make-believe... a hidden world created by what your mind has stirring around when you doze off. Sometimes dreams can be enlightening, giving you a twist on something that you've been struggling with or highlighting something that in the daytime may not stand out as much as it should. Feelings become more apparent as you dream about first dates or first kisses...dreams bring to light those hidden feeling that you may be too embarrassed to admit. But sometimes dreams can leave a somewhat bitter feeling when you awake from a long night's sleep...and that's where this blog comes in.


What do you do when your dreams make the reality make-believe?

Now I know that's an awkward question so let me try to explain myself...

I've had a few dreams lately that have pinpointed some events in my life negatively...events that aren't negative at all but my mind has created this twisted version of what could or has happened. Most of the time it involves another individual and coming out of the dream leaves me with this bitter, almost angry and un-trusting feeling towards them. I know that some things are spun out of achieved memories/experiences (experiences I try to forget) and how people have treated me in the past. My dreams, however cut and paste present people in those moments and actions which make things really difficult. It causes me to look at them like they've hurt me, making my make-believe dream world into a make-believe reality world. ugh!

It would be like dreaming that your husband cheated on you with someone you knew well, even though in reality they would never ever do that.

And it's happening more and more these days!

What could that mean? What are some solutions? Does any one else deal with this?

0 awesome remarks: