Butterfly Sparks Designs

Monday, December 06, 2010

Methods

People have all sorts of outlets when it comes to how they release anger, aggression, depression. Most people know their style very well and tend to resort back to that outlet at all times when conflict arises. Me, well my outlet is discussion. If an argument comes up, I want to talk about it, fix it and move forward otherwise I tend to hold a little resentment and for some reason I hold conversations and hurtful words inside, well forever. My question though is how do you have a discussion with someone whose outlet is time.


Does that make sense?

They need a moment, a night, a day to think about it... figure out their game plan and get back to you. Complete opposite of me!

I've always needed immediate answers...immediate resolutions. I'm not a fan of someone having an issue with me so all throughout my life I have worked on ways to deal with these kinds of opposition. Up until this point, I've been pretty successful. But I think I've met my match and I'm a having a really hard time transitioning out of my secure outlet and respect theirs.

Does anyone have any pointers on how to deal with someone who doesn't think the way you do when it comes to conflict?

Dumb question, I know but I'm serious. Is there a learning method that could be taught to me so I could stop worrying myself sick and start embracing the challenges head on?

Please advise.

0 awesome remarks: