Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, June 06, 2010

I should have played with Lincoln Logs

What do I want to be when I grow up?

Hmmm good question! When I was 10, I wanted to be a veterinarian. When I was 16 I wanted to be a famous singer. When I was 22 I wanted to work in a corner office in Times Square in New York City. When I was 25 I wanted to be an event planner that planned festivals, concerts and tours for the Christian market. Today... when I think about it so many thoughts come to mind, but nothing that screams "This is My Life Goal!"

I feel like some people are born knowing exactly what they want to do. It's like the doctor wrote it on their name tag at birth or they just naturally grab a toy, like a Lincoln Logs and immediately they knew 'I'm going to be an Architect or a Construction Worker!' Do you think that really happens? If so i must have played with the wrong toys with I was little. Either that or I played with too many... the variety mixed up my train of thought, ha!

So here I am, 28 with several great skills sets but no real direction in where my skill sets fit. I should write up my own application! It would read something like this....

Seeking:

Job where my desk is stationary but my work is not. My creativity reaches no bounds and my thoughts are not limited to 'the way we've always done it.' My work skills will include organization, details under my control, large venues with multiple requirements needed and a team under me that will not get in my way, but do what needs to happen when things need to get done. Music and Entertainment must be a primary factor. Salary will be enough for me to acquire my OWN place and will allow left-overs for whatever I choose. Travel will be involved but only when the personal schedule allows. Haha... yep I'm a dreamer!

So anyone hiring?

Goal: Figure out what my life long career goal is!
Due Date: One week from today!

0 awesome remarks: