Butterfly Sparks Designs

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Tattooed Across my Foot

Most of the time I find myself writing the most when changes happen in my life. I guess that's when I feel the most vulnerable and my mind spurs these sharable thoughts and feelings. I find myself awake at night and of course the one place I end up is on my blog. Funny how that happens!

I went back tonight and read my very first blog post. It was written on October 23, 2006. I was on my very first Freedom Experience tour with Brock Gill, Eleventyseven, Group 1 Crew, Tim Bryne and Outkast BMX. I can't even begin to type all the memories that just flooded my mind :)

Reading through that post and remembering that moment it made me stop and made me realize how far I've come since that day... How much I have learned... How many awesome people I've met. How many barriers I've jumped and challenges I've overcome. It's been incredible.

I say all that because after almost 5 years, my time in that ministry has come to an end. It's sad...it's super sad and I can't even say it's bittersweet because I'm gonna miss it so much. I can't find the sweet in leaving it. I'm gonna miss the people, the events, the crazy emails from crazy hosts, the questions about conduit and poster board, learning the secrets behind magic, trying new foods with Brock and Auny, experiencing new places, overcoming challenges with venues, audience members, parents and even rude pastors like Dan. Oh Dan, how you changed our lives and our trip to Disney forever haha :)

What an awesome few years! Thank you Brock & Auny for giving a small town North Carolina girl a chance to branch out and take a risk. Best risk I've ever taken! I'll never forget it. I can't... I have it tattooed across my foot :)

0 awesome remarks: