Butterfly Sparks Designs

Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter 2010

You know what I love about Easter... I mean besides the fact that it's the day that we celebrate the event that changed everything...

I love Easter because it's one of those weekends that brings friends together, the church service is always packed(meaning more people that are hearing the message and more people could be getting saved), the weather always seems a little warmer and there are stores full of Cadbury cream eggs :)

Although I didn't get one this year, I still love those chocolaty cream eggs! YUMM

This year was a little different than the years past. I normally spend Easter in Nashville... well for the past three years I had, but this year I decided to spend Easter right here, in Atlanta. I definitely enjoyed it.

Good Friday brought a relaxing, sunny boat ride on Lake Lanier with Kevin, Stephen and Heather... good times, sunny weather, great company and a day off of work! Who could ask for more than that?!

Saturday was spent making homemade peanut butter eggs (which were to die for) and spending time up at the MacKay household watching movies, relaxing on the deck and playing Mancala. Actually, it was more like 'getting schooled in Mancala by a 6-year-old!'

Sunday was all about church. Upstreet in the morning... getting to sing and dance around with several 2nd and 3rd graders will make any Easter bright. Easter lunch at Michelle's parent's house then back to church for an awesome sermon given by Andy Stanley! After service and a fun dinner at Twisted Taco, we ventured to the house and sat in the sun room to reflect on the awesome weekend. I would describe it as perfect.

I truly enjoyed myself and my Easter weekend!

What was your favorite part of your Easter holiday?

1 awesome remarks:

Anonymous said...

homemade peanut butter eggs? YUM!! I've got an extra Cadbury Creme Egg for you! :)