Butterfly Sparks Designs

Monday, June 25, 2007

Homesick

I think that I am a little homesick today. I keep thinking how great it would be to click my fingers and my parents, brother and puppies would be here. When you're on the road so much, sometimes you feel like you don't have a stable place. It's like you're in between homes.

I am loving every second of every day to the fullest but sometimes when I slow down I begin to think about memories. Times when I used to play in the river with my brother or sliding down water slides with my dad. I think about my mom's voice and how yummy her food is. I try to imagine what I would be doing if I was at home.

Here is what I would have done today... I would have woke up early so I could go down to the golf course and have my dad make me an egg sandwich. I would take the boat out with my brother and my niece on the Chowan River for a couple of hours. Then maybe let my puppies run and play in the pond behind my house. After a long afternoon, I would sit down for dinner with my family and of course, my mom's chicken casserole. That would be a great day!

0 awesome remarks: