Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, October 23, 2011

A milestone marking a goodbye

It's amazing what you can learn in five years! It's just as amazing how fast five years can fly by!


When I started my blog in October of 2006, I had no idea the impact it would make in some people's lives... I also had no idea the impact it would make on me as I looked back over my years of growth, adventure, heart break, new beginnings, transitions and much, much more. You see, I started this blog mainly so my family could keep up with my life while I lived in Nashville. Being 12 hours away from home was something completely new for me and I thought my parents would enjoy seeing & reading my life instead of getting a few 15 minute phone calls here and there. It was a way for me to share pictures, stories and life without racking up an insanely high phone bill each month. Well, it was a success :)

I've been reading back over the stories and the moments, and it's been so crazy to see this timeline unfold in words and pictures. Like, how on December 24, 2006 I talk about the stars... how bright the sky is at my parent's and I can really remember that night and that feeling. It's like the happiness jumps right off the screen.

And then there was May 2009, when Brock and Auny took me on a cruise to Coco Cay, Bahamas! The pictures from that post are unbelievable. The whole trip was amazing and I honestly can't think of a better way to spend the first week of May :)

I could seriously bring up several posts and memories from the past five years, but I'm not because that's why I have blog that shows them to me (and you) within a few clicks!

Now, you're probably wondering 'what is the point of this blog post' and I promise I'm getting to it. See, I love looking back and reading the stories. It's awesome to see the changes, good and bad, that have occurred in my life. I've enjoyed all the comments and sweets encouragement that my followers have posted over the years... It's made blogging worth it. But, there comes a time for change and this is one of those times.

For the ones that have kept up with my blog all these years, you know that my posts have become sparse and I haven't had (made) the time to write the way I used to. It's been difficult to write... I mean, it's been difficult to keep up with life, haha. So, my next sentence is one that I've thought long and hard about and it just needs to happen at this time in my life...

All good things must come to an end, so my dear friends, I am ending my Chasing Paper Stars blog.

Now, I'm not doing this because it's bad or I hate writing or I don't have anything to say... I have plenty to say. I so many things swirling around in my head that could be awesome in a blog post, but I just need to step away from blogging for while. I'm not sure how long, but I can tell you that when (or if) I decide to blog again, my blog will have a new name and a new purpose :) It's sad and exciting all at the same time!!

So friends, thanks for all the love and support over these past five years! And don't worry, just because the blog's gone doesn't mean that I'm gonna quit chasing paper stars!